Is Manayunk a great place to live? We think so! Manayunk is a highly walkable neighborhood adjacent to Roxborough in Philadelphia with tons of local shops and restaurants. Throughout the year you’ll find great festivals right in your backyard. The homes are relatively affordable compared to Center City and you still have easy to the city by car or train. The community has some great parks and easy access to the Schuylkill River Trail and the Wissahickon Valley Park. Manayunk homes for sale usually start in the $200,000 range and can go up to the $1,000,000+ range.
Thinking of buying a home in Manayunk? Here’s what you need to know.
- Approximately 20 minute drive or train ride to Center City
- Located in northwest Philadelphia just across the river from Lower Merion and adjacent to Roxborough
- Plenty of great local restaurants along Main Street
- Pretzel Park is popular for the farmer’s market, fenced-in dog park, and great playground
- Average Home Price in the mid-$400,ooo’s
- Median Price for re-sale single-family homes is around $300,000
- Median Price for New Construction Homes is $950,000.
Looking for homes for sale in Manayunk? You’re in the right place. Below is the complete list of homes for sale from the Philadelphia MLS with the newest Manayunk listings first. The number of homes for sale in Manayunk ranges from as few as 30 to as many as 120 each month. The majority of new real estate listings are typically in the $200,000 to $4oo,000 price range.
Manayunk is well-known for Main Street’s shops, restaurants, and events. Getting there is easy from just about anywhere in the neighborhood. Many of the older homes in Manayunk date back to the 19th century when the town was home to a number of textile mills. The nearby homes were occupied by the local mill workers.
In recent years many of these homes have been updated. There’s also been a construction boom and new homes are popping up everywhere in the neighborhood. Many of these new construction homes include garage parking and roof decks that offer scenic views of the area. You’ll also find several condo buildings in the neighborhood that were converted from the old mills.
New Construction Homes
Condos for Sale
Manayunk Real Estate Market
The Manayunk real estate market has been a strong seller’s market since Spring of 2020 and it looks like it will continue to remain strong for some time. When we talk about buyer’s markets versus seller’s markets we’re referring the absorption rate. The absorption rate is the months of available inventory of homes for sale if no new listings go on the market. Balanced markets are 5-7 months of inventory. The Manayunk real estate market has has 2-3 months of inventory which means homes are selling very quickly.
It’s not uncommon for homes for sale in Manayunk to receive multiple offers. This is especially when they’re in good condition and priced appropriately. Expect bidding wars and know how to win them (more on that here).
More homes in Manayunk sell in the $250,000-$300,000 price range than in any other range. However, homes sell for less than $200,000 and over $1,000,000 in the neighborhood.
To keep up to date with the Manayunk Real Estate Market check out the latest info here.
Living in Manayunk
If you ask recent home buyers why they decided to buy a home in the neighborhood you’ll likely hear about Main Street, the parks, and the easy access to Center City and suburbs. You’ll probably hear about parking congestion, too. It’s an issue. Despite the parking and the traffic getting in and out of the neighborhood during rush hour, people are still moving here all the time. Here are some of the great things that you can enjoy when living in Manayunk.
- Pretzel Park is a centrally located park with a great playground and a fenced-in dog park. There are also outdoor concerts and a weekly farmer’s market in the summer.
- Main Street Manayunk is home to an eclectic mix of amazing restaurants including gastropubs, Mexican, Indian, Chinese, and more. Some favorites include Taqueria Amor, Laxmi’s Indian Grill, The Goat’s Beard, and Han Dynasty. You can find out more info about restaurants in the neighborhood here. You’ll also find great local coffee shops, The Tubby Robot Ice Cream Shop, a pet food bakery, salons, and a tea house on Main Street.
- The Schuylkill River Trail starts in Center City and follows the river through Manayunk to Valley Forge National Park. It’s a great place for walking, running, and cycling.
- Manayunk Canal and Towpath parallels Main Street. It’s a great scenic spot for walking or bike riding.
- The Manayunk Bridge is a converted train bridge that’s now a walking and biking path over the river to paths in nearby Bala Cynwyd.
- The Manayunk Train Station is centrally located near Main Street so it’s convenient for those commuting to Center City. It’s very common for residents to walk from home to the train station.
Wissahickon Valley Park
Within just a few minutes from Manayunk you can get into the Wissahickon Valley Park. The park has over 1800 acres of land that follows the path of the scenic Wisshickon Creek. The park includes miles and miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, and cross-country skiing. If you want a relaxed and scenic walk you can follow the creek along Forbidden Drive, a dirt road that winds through the park.
James Dobson and Cook-Wissahickon are the public elementary schools in, or near, Manayunk. You can find school assignments by address on the School District of Philadelphia School Finder. Green Woods Charter is a K-8 school located just a few minutes away in Upper Roxborough.
Additional Resources and Info
Buying a Home in Manayunk
Most of the homes in Manayunk are single-family rowhouses though you’ll find a number of twin homes, detached homes, and multi-unit homes as well. Competition for homes for sale in Manayunk is fierce. There are far more hopeful home buyers than there are homes for sale.
The chart below shows the increase in the median home price for single-family resale homes over the past 10 years and prices have increased greatly, going up by over $100,000 from 2012 to 2021. If things hold steady then Manayunk can be a good investment.
With home prices in the neighborhood on the rise and competition for homes very high, it’s important to start your search off on the right foot. Knowing your budget as you begin your home search will help you narrow down your search to only those homes that work for you and your finances. It’s best to start your home search by talking with a local lender and a real estate agent who can help set you up for success.
Selling a Home in Manayunk
Home values have been on the rise and demand for homes is high. If you’re thinking of selling your home it’s a good time since inventory is low. But, it’s still important to price your home appropriately for the market and get it in it’s best possible showing condition before you list it for sale.
Before listing your home for sale it’s important to get it ready for the market. For most homeowners this means organizing and pre-packing. Making minor repairs and getting estimates for larger items can make the home inspection process a lot easier as well.
If you’d like to talk about listing your home for sale, please send an email to email@example.com.
Realtors® in Manayunk
When looking for Realtors in Manayunk to help you buy or sell a home, be sure to work with someone who knows the neighborhood, the homes, and what to look out for when buying or selling a home. If you’re looking for Realtors in Manayunk and would like to arrange a call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.